
Just so all the guys can see too - here's a photo of Saturday's Bloom Christmas event (thanks SW!). We had about 30 ladies come for afternoon tea, an evangelistic talk (that's what I'm doing up the front in the photo), a song presentation ("I Cannot Tell" - as presented on Sunday at church too), and Christmas-card making! Thanks heaps to all the ladies who served to put this event together - I loved seeing the collective efforts come to fruition - and Steve and I pray that all you SLE guys will be able to do much the same through Grunt next year, though not making craft of course...
The talk I gave was an exposition of John 1:1-12, titled the same as the afternoon itself - Christmas Chaos, and Crowding out Christ. The central challenge of the talk was to ask listeners who they are crowding out of life, and why it matters if it's Jesus.
It was most encouraging that our Bloom ladies invited several friends along, and that about 8 came on the day. Would you pray for them, that they will know for themselves the brilliant thing it is to have Jesus - the Word, the Life, and the Light - in their lives as Lord and Saviour?
No comments:
Post a Comment